- Activity from May to AugustThis topic
Activity from May to August
Internship in Sassari
The 3 months internship of students who are currently attending the Master's Degree in SLM aims at increasing their professionalization, by bringing together the scientific knowledge learnt during the frontal lessons with the practical aspects provided by the traineeship in order to guarantee the fulfillment of the objectives of the Master. The traineeship is an integral part of the Master program and instrumental to the objectives of the project acting as an additional support provided by the EU to reinforce the intervention logic of the ILHAM-EC project.
During the traineeship, students were involved in the following practical activities/researches and had the chance to attend specific courses, seminars and workshops in order to reach a deeper understanding of sustainable agro-ecosystem management. 12 ECTS were foreseen for this activity.
- Laboratory of tree species and tree species interaction: influence on ecophysiology and soil chemical and biological features;
- Evaluation of ornamental and medicinal plants using in landscape gardening;
- Effect of antibiotics on fungi;
- Use of certain plants for phytoremediation of soil contaminated by trace metals;
- Training on Forage quality to improve feed efficiency in sheep production;
- Traning on agricultural economics and policies;
- Potential of certain methods for salinity and soil contaminant tolerance in crop;
- Training in soil survey for remote sensing;
- Biotechnological valorization of whey.
Erasmus mobility was also the occasion to experience another culture and improve students' communication, language and inter-cultural skills thus gaining those soft skills highly valued by future employers.